IEA Wind Task 43 space
Do you want to share ideas, inspiration and best practices surrounding wind energy digitalisation? This space provides all members of the wind energy community with the opportunity to contribute with the activities of IEA Wind Task 43, whose goal is to bring about a revolution in the way the wind energy industry uses technology, by providing a platform for dissemination of great ideas, best practices and collaboration.
Participation in this space does not require membership or knowledge of IEA Task 43 - just an interest in digitalisation of wind energy!
The goal of the IEA Wind Task 43 Metadata Challenge is to research into metadata and Knowledge Engineering for wind energy applications and use the results to develop recommendations for the sector. It is split into the following sub-challenges:
- Metadata Sub-Challenge A - Managing Metadata and Schema: The goal of this sub-challenge is to improve the management of metadata and schema.
- Metadata Sub-Challenge B - Defining Schema for Data and Metadata: The goal of this challenge is to create new schema to fill gaps identified in Sub-Challenge C.
- Metadata Sub-Challenge C - Existing Works and Community: The goal of this challenge is to survey, summarise and compare existing schemas for a better understanding of the current landscape of wind energy-related metadata schemas/ontologies and identifying overlaps and gaps.
- Metadata Sub-Challenge D - Politics and Longevity: The goal of this challenge is to promote the universal schema, pursue measures to encourage industry adoption, and generate additional participation
We are currently working on implementing these goals by meeting in a two-hour online workshop once a month and defining concrete tasks for carrying out between the workshops. In the workshops, we split into small groups and work on the individual tasks.
This challenge is on-going and you can join at any time! We are particularly looking for inputs from people who:
- …actually use and share data in the wind energy industry.
- ...make decisions about data sharing.
- ...work in the area of data management.
- …can provide real use cases for testing our results.
- …are passionate about data sharing and open innovation.
Join this space