The EAWE Test Wind Turbines Committee space
The EAWE Test Wind Turbines Committee space is a safe collaboration space for sharing data provided by members of the Test Wind Turbines Committee of the European Academy of Wind Energy, including the Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences, ETH Zurich, Chalmers University of Technology and ECN, and more.
Initially, the EAWE Test Wind Turbines Committee space includes the following data sets, which have been prepared thanks for an EOSC Future grant, co-funded by the European Union Horizon Programme call INFRAEOSC-03-202 Grant Agreement number 101017536:
- ETH Zurich 6 kW test turbine: 1 Hz SCADA data and high-frequency SHM data
More data sets will be added in due course!
Initial challenge topics for you to participate in include:
- Identifying controller settings from operational data (Chalmers Institute of Technology)
- Developing and testing methods for strain gauge calibration (Chalmers Institute of Technology)
- ECN student challenge - evaluating the generalisabilty of different 3D aerodynamic correction models by calibrating the modelling parameters using uncertainty quantification based on pressure distribution measurements on five different wind turbines (ECN)
For the student challenge, we will provide a student project description template for students and supervisors, in order to be able to integrate the challenge with Bachelor and Masters projects. As well as this, the students will receive support from Human Resources specialists from the company Badenova in Hamburg, Germany, in which workshops on topics such as communication, CV writing, networking and interview skills will be offered. In the future, we will organise internships and summer schools.
The space also includes an open challenge "pitch for challenge ideas", in which participants can make suggestions for new challenges, which then get voted on by the other participants!
Why should you take part?
- Get direct access to unique wind farm data sets and code.
- Take part in specific industry-relevant “challenges” related to wind turbine operational data.
- Share ideas and code with other researchers and scientists from and beyond EAWE.
- Initiate new collaborations and meet potential project partners, employers or employees.
- Keep up-to-date on developments related to operations and maintenance of wind energy systems.
- Attend regular webinars sharing ideas around the topics of the space.
- Learn from the submitted solutions and open discussions on the digital platform in this space and in the other WeDoWind spaces.
- Improve your communication, CV writing, networking and interview skills and meet like-minded people.
We look forward to seeing you online! Sign up below and make sure to select the EAWE Test Wind Turbines Committee space in the form!
Join this space